Sunday 1 July 2012

Time For Noel Coward Quotes

"I'll go through life either first class or third, but never in second." Noel Coward

"Success took me to her bosom like a maternal boa constrictor." Noel Coward

"People are wrong when they say opera is not what it used to be. It is what it used to be. That is what's wrong with it." Noel Coward

"There's always something fishy about the French." Noel Coward

"Never mind, dear, we're all made the same, though some more than others." Noel Coward

"I'm not a heavy drinker, I can sometimes go for hours without touching a drop." Noel Coward

"The higher the building the lower the morals." Noel Coward

"Mona Lisa looks as if she has just been sick, or is about to be." Noel Coward

"I love criticism just so long as it's unqualified praise." Noel Coward

"Squash - that's not exercise, it's flagellation." Noel Coward


Noel Coward Quotes
Noël Coward, 1972
Sir Noël Peirce Coward (16 December 1899 – 26 March 1973) was an English playwright, composer, director, actor and singer, known for his wit, flamboyance, and what Time magazine called "a sense of personal style, a combination of cheek and chic, pose and poise".
Read more about Noel Coward at Wikipedia

 "Just say the lines and don't trip over the furniture." Noel Coward

"Someday I suspect, when Jesus has definitely got me for a sunbeam, my works may be adequately assessed." Noel Coward

"I have a memory like an elephant. In fact, elephants often consult me." Noel Coward

"Work is much more fun than fun." Noel Coward

"If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday." Noel Coward

"Extraordinary how potent cheap music is." Noel Coward

"I don't believe in astrology. The only stars I can blame for my failures are those that walk about the stage." Noel Coward

"Wit ought to be a glorious treat like caviar; never spread it about like marmalade." Noel Coward

"My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough." Noel Coward

"We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?" Noel Coward

"If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday." Noel Coward Quotes

"It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit." Noel Coward

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." Noel Coward

"It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit." Noel Coward

"I've sometimes thought of marrying - and then I've thought again." Noel Coward

No comments:

Post a Comment