Saturday 20 October 2012

Time For Marilyn Monroe Quotes

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." Marilyn Monroe

"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night." Marilyn Monroe

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far." Marilyn Monroe

"What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." Marilyn Monroe

"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation." Marilyn Monroe

"The trouble with censors is that they worry if a girl has cleavage. They ought to worry if she hasn't any." Marilyn Monroe

"I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful." Marilyn Monroe

"I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent." Marilyn Monroe

"I've never dropped anyone I believed in." Marilyn Monroe

"It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on." Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe Quotes
Monroe in The Prince and the Showgirl (1957)

Marilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson; June 1, 1926 – August 5, 1962) was an American actress, model, and singer, who became a major sex symbol, starring in a number of commercially successful motion pictures during the 1950s and early 1960s.

After spending much of her childhood in foster homes, Monroe began a career as a model, which led to a film contract in 1946 with Twentieth Century-Fox. Her early film appearances were minor, but her performances in The Asphalt Jungle and All About Eve (both 1950), drew attention. By 1952 she had her first leading role in Don't Bother to Knock and 1953 brought a lead in Niagara, a melodramatic film noir that dwelt on her seductiveness. Her "dumb blonde" persona was used to comic effect in subsequent films such as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), How to Marry a Millionaire (1953) and The Seven Year Itch (1955). Limited by typecasting, Monroe studied at the Actors Studio to broaden her range. Her dramatic performance in Bus Stop (1956) was hailed by critics and garnered a Golden Globe nomination. Her production company, Marilyn Monroe Productions, released The Prince and the Showgirl (1957), for which she received a BAFTA Award nomination and won a David di Donatello award. She received a Golden Globe Award for her performance in Some Like It Hot (1959). Monroe's last completed film was The Misfits, co-starring Clark Gable with screenplay by her then-husband, Arthur Miller.
Read more about Marilyn Monroe at Wikipedia

"First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress." Marilyn Monroe

"Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives." Marilyn Monroe

"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere." Marilyn Monroe

"Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature." Marilyn Monroe

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot." Marilyn Monroe

"I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it." Marilyn Monroe

"I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time." Marilyn Monroe

"A sex symbol becomes a thing. I just hate to be a thing." Marilyn Monroe

"Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered." Marilyn Monroe

"The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up." Marilyn Monroe

"What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." Marilyn Monroe Quotes

"If I'm a star, then the people made me a star." Marilyn Monroe

"Dogs never bite me. Just humans." Marilyn Monroe

"Men are so willing to respect anything that bores them." Marilyn Monroe

"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one." Marilyn Monroe

"Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him." Marilyn Monroe

"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful." Marilyn Monroe

"An actress is not a machine, but they treat you like a machine. A money machine." Marilyn Monroe

"It's all make believe, isn't it?" Marilyn Monroe

"I restore myself when I'm alone." Marilyn Monroe

"Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one." Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe Signature

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." Marilyn Monroe

 "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

3 comments:

  1. Some of the good quotations for Marilyn Monroe available at: http://www.justquotesforu.com/2013/12/marilyn-monroe-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete