Friday 19 October 2012

Time For Jimi Hendrix Quotes

"Music makes me high on stage, and that's the truth. It's like being almost addicted to music." Jimi Hendrix

"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." Jimi Hendrix

"My nature just changes." Jimi Hendrix

"Music is my religion." Jimi Hendrix

"Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction." Jimi Hendrix

"When things get too heavy, just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man." Jimi Hendrix

"I got a pet monkey called Charlie Chan." Jimi Hendrix

"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." Jimi Hendrix

"In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first." Jimi Hendrix

"You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven." Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix Quotes
Jimi Hendrix

James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) was an American musician and singer-songwriter. He is widely considered to be the greatest electric guitarist in music history and one of the most influential musicians of his era despite his mainstream exposure being limited to four years. He achieved fame in the United States following his 1967 performance at the Monterey Pop Festival after initial success in Europe with his group The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Later, he headlined the iconic 1969 Woodstock Festival and the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival. He favored raw overdriven amplifiers with high gain and treble and was instrumental in developing the previously undesirable technique of guitar amplifier feedback.

Hendrix helped to popularize use of the wah-wah pedal in mainstream rock, which he often used to deliver tonal exaggerations in his solos, particularly with high bends, complex guitar playing, and use of legato. Hendrix was a pioneer in experimentation with stereophonic phasing effects in rock music recordings. He was influenced by electric blues artists such as B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Albert King and Elmore James, surf rock guitarist Dick Dale, rhythm and blues and soul guitarists Curtis Mayfield and Steve Cropper, and the jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery. Hendrix began dressing and wearing a moustache like Little Richard when he performed and recorded in his band from March 1, 1964, through to the spring of 1965. In 1966, he stated, "I want to do with my guitar what Little Richard does with his voice".
Read more about Jimi Hendrix at Wikipedia

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky." Jimi Hendrix

"If I'm free, it's because I'm always running." Jimi Hendrix

"Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts." Jimi Hendrix

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." Jimi Hendrix

"I was trying to do too many things at the same time, which is my nature. But I was enjoying it, and I still do enjoy it." Jimi Hendrix

"Music is a safe kind of high." Jimi Hendrix

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

"It's funny how most people love the dead, once you're dead your made for life." Jimi Hendrix

"If it was up to me, there wouldn't be no such thing as the establishment." Jimi Hendrix

"We have time, there's no big rush." Jimi Hendrix

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky." Jimi Hendrix Quotes

"Rock is so much fun. That's what it's all about - filling up the chest cavities and empty kneecaps and elbows." Jimi Hendrix

"It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." Jimi Hendrix

"See, that's nothing but blues, that's all I'm singing about. It's today's blues." Jimi Hendrix

"My goal is to be one with the music. I just dedicate my whole life to this art." Jimi Hendrix

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." Jimi Hendrix

"All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland." Jimi Hendrix

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked." Jimi Hendrix

"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar." Jimi Hendrix

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music." Jimi Hendrix

"I don't have nothing to regret at all in the past, except that I might've unintentionally hurt somebody else or something." Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix's Signature

"You have to give people something to dream on." Jimi Hendrix

"It all has to come from inside, though, I guess." Jimi Hendrix

"Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually." Jimi Hendrix

"When I die, just keep playing the records." Jimi Hendrix

"I try to use my music to move these people to act." Jimi Hendrix

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." Jimi Hendrix

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

"I have this one little saying, when things get too heavy just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man." Jimi Hendrix

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to." Jimi Hendrix

"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel." Jimi Hendrix

1 comment: